The Carlstar Group Product Development
The Carlstar Group Research & Development
Where Great Ideas Become Great Products.
The Carlstar Group R&D Team is comprised of more than 60 associates working in five Technical Centers around the globe. Our product development philosophy requires partnering between technical R&D, Carlisle manufacturing and the customers that drive our product performance requirements. Through
this process engineering solutions are achieved that deliver quality, purpose-designed products.
The global R&D Teams utilize a robust technology toolbox:
- Tire, Belt and Wheel Design
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Innovative Process Technology
- Engineered Rubber Compounds Utilizing Synthetic Polymers
- Textile Component Development (Fabrics, Fibers and Tensile Elements)
- Application Specific Testing
- DFLS (Design for Lean Sigma)
The Carlstar Group uses DFLS (Design for Lean Sigma) as an integral development tool for continuous improvement, improved market focus and competitive performance positioning. Our product portfolio revew process requires analysis of customer requirements and product performance benchmarking with other leading tire and belt industry products used in similar environments, duty cycles and applications.
Utilizing FEA (Finite Element Analysis Mathematical Design Modeling) and Rapid Prototyping, development time is reduced though virtual iterations. By using FEA for virtual part validation prior to buidling tooling and production systems, Carlstar Group engineers are able to identify and predict product structural performance.
Ongoing R&D Technology Projects
- Belt Cord and Fabric Technology
- New Expanded Temperature Range and Power Transfer Polymers
- Run Flat Tire Systems
Self-Cleaning Tread Groove Ejection SystemTM
- DuraTrailTM and HeatShieldTM Tire Technology
- New Manufacturing Methodologies for Quality Improvements
The Carlstar Group participates as a valuable partner in the success of our original equipment and aftermarket customers around the world. From chemical lab analyses to application development labs, to an on-site all-terrain tire test track at our dedicated ATV tire factory in Tennessee, a nearly 100 year old commitment to engineering excellence continues, building market leadership, creating competitive advantage and adding value for customers, associates and shareholders.
- Dual Track Career Ladder Providing Avenues for Career Growth
- Student Intern and Co-Op Programs